Electronics and Communications Engineering is a professional course of Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Engineering which deals with the application of mathematics and science in Electronics and Communications field. The engineers who major in this stream engage in design, research, testing, and development of the electronic equipment. They are also capable of working with the networks. Electronics and Communication Engineering provides two different options for the students who pursue it. The students can go with electronics or communications after they complete the course. They are provided with the knowledge which helps in both the streams. The course opens up a myriad of opportunities in the outer world.
Electronics and Communications mainly deal with different types of connections and networking, microprocessors and controllers, computer organization, signal processing, image processing and various new technologies used in communications.
Key Focus Area of the Course
The critical facets of Electronics and Communication Engineering course are as follows
· Transmission of information among various channels.
· Usage of microprocessors and microcontrollers in various electronic gadgets.
· The signal and image processing techniques.
· The organization of computer and analysis of the network.
· Under Graduate (UG)- The candidate who wants to pursue Electronics and Communications Engineering in their under graduation should at least have 50% of marks or its equivalent CPI in their 12th class. Without this percentage, they are not eligible to pursue ECE.
· Post Graduate (PG)- The candidate must pass his/her under graduation course in Engineering and Technology in first class which means 60% or more or should have a minimum CPI of 6.5.
Subjects in Electronics and Communication Engineering
· Engineering Physics 1
· Engineering Chemistry 2
· Engineering Physics 2
· Digital Circuit and Design
· Digital System Design
· Digital Communication
· Design with Linear Integrated Circuits
· Embedded System and RTOS
· VLSI Design
· Computer Communication Network
· Power Electronics
· Electronic Instrumentation
· Analog and Mixed VLSI Design
· Internet of Things