What Is The Procedure To Get Admission In An Engineering College?
Engineering is one of the most promising career opportunities for millions of aspirants in India. To take admission into top-tier engineering colleges and universities, it is a must to clear the entrance exam. As per the guidelines set by Government of India, an individual need to appear for the engineering entrance exam for taking admission into various engineering courses such as B.Tech, Integrated Masters and Dual Degree Programmes. Most of the times, aspirants who are preparing for engineering entrance exams are not aware of the right procedure to secure admission in colleges or institutes. Due to the unawareness about the procedure, even the talented students sometimes get misguided that can lead to a wrong career move. To help such students from being stranded in any such situations, we've come up with the right procedure to secure admission in top-tier engineering institutes or colleges in India.
Firstly, let us understand there are many engineering colleges or institutes in India that are segregated at various levels.
- The top-level amongst them is IIT - Indian Institute of Technology and it's the dream for every engineering student to get admission in one of the IITs colleges in India. To complete a degree of engineering from IIT, the student needs to be extremely brilliant because they are very few IITs seats across the nation.
- Other than IITs, there is All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) - It helps to develop superior quality institutes or colleges, making the technical education of India globally accredited. It is assisted by 10 Boards of studies, including UG studies in Engineering and Technology and, PG and research studies in Engineering and Technology.
- National Institute of Technology (NITs) - NITs are prestigious engineering colleges that used to be regional. Today, there are around 30 NITs across the nation, and the admission in NITs is through entrance examination.
- The Institute Of Engineers - It's the national organisation for engineers in India that promotes non-formal education in the engineering field. It conducts exam for awarding its associated membership (AMIE) - membership designation offered by Institute of Engineers.
- Polytechnic Institutes - It provides a three-year diploma in Engineering. Once you complete secondary education, students can get admission to the diploma course in Engineering. Such institutes are affiliated to Board of Technical Education under the state governments.
- State Level Engineering Colleges - These colleges come under state governments. And it would be difficult to gauge which is the best over the other state engineering college.
Students who score good marks in entrance exam get admission in top-tier engineering colleges. But many students join private colleges through management quota seat. B. Tech admission are offered by private colleges and universities for students with decent performance in engineering entrance exams as well as 12th or equivalent.
Here Is The Procedure To Get Admission In Engineering Colleges In India:
Steps to get admission in any IIT
- CBSE will declare the JEE Main score and asks top 2, 24, 000 students to apply for JEE Advanced Exam.
- Once the JEE Main results are out, all the engineering colleges will open their counselling portal for the admission in B.Tech Colleges.
- Students can then apply for counselling across various engineering institutes and universities by paying a nominal counselling fee.
- In the counselling process, the aspirants have to mention the preferred IIT college and branch in which he or she wishes to pursue an engineering career.
- Once the counselling results are out, those students who are allotted the seats will have to pay the admission fee. They can visit the institute that has been allotted to them.
- Usually, there would be around 3 to 4 counselling rounds and spot round - also a counselling round based on the physical appearance of the aspirants at the desired university to take admission. The spot around is online around in which university or institute will ask the students to pay the fees in advance. If any seat is not allotted, there would be a 100% fee refund, i.e. the admission fee, and if the seat is allotted, then you can't withdraw yourself. It is better to read the instruction carefully for such case before applying for the counselling.
- And finally, you will start going to college.
So, guys, this is the procedure to get your admission in any of the IIT colleges across India once you crack the JEE Exam. Getting admission in IIT is not easy for every student; however, it should not drain their hopes. There are other institutes such as AICTE, NITs, State Level Premier Engineering colleges wherein aspirants can secure the admission and pursue their engineering studies. Hence, we would also be explaining the procedure to get admission in any other engineering college.
Steps to get admission in any other institute other than IITs
- Compare the marks achieved in the entrance exam with eligible marks of other institutes or colleges.
- Create a list of engineering colleges based on their grade, the priority and the branch of your choice in mind.
- Make sure you manage to appear in the first counselling as per the schedule of the authorised team.
- Match the branch and college that you would be getting admission into.
- If satisfied, then things are OK, and if not then appear in second counselling and repeat the same up to the maximum rounds of the counselling.
- Once you get your desired college, pack your bags and move in for a great engineering career.
Facts About B. Tech Admission
- Tech acts as a ray of hope for many engineering aspirants who might score excellently in 12th or equivalent; however, couldn't clear the national level entrance exam such as JEE Main & Advanced.
- The cost of B. Tech Program is low compared to getting a seat through national or state level engineering entrance exam.
- Lakhs of aspirants apply for entrance test for admission in govt. aided colleges and top private colleges in India
- Private universities also offer B. Tech programs with a smooth admission process.
These institutes have seats reserved for engineering aspirants who're looking for admission in B. Tech without entrance exams.